Why, you ask? Well, I “trained” my hair. I started training my hair because I had red in my hair and every time I would wash my hair, the red would come out in the shower. I got tired of having to re-dye my hair every 3 weeks, so I decided to basically stop washing my hair. The greatest part about training my hair was that even on the days that I don’t wash my hair, it doesn’t look oily.
Also, there are a lot of health benefits to not washing your hair everyday. Washing your hair everyday dries it out. It is healthy to keep the oils in your hair.
I know I sound crazy, but, I even add oils into my hair. I use Argon Oil every other day in my hair. But, I only put the oil on the ends, because they get so dry!
I dye my hair a lot, so it is really important for me to try and keep it as healthy as can be. Some days, I do like to use dry shampoo, but most of the time I don’t even need it, because the way that I “trained” my hair, it doesn’t even get oily. Another reason I decided to start this training process, was because I have psoriasis, and the more washing I did, the worse the psoriasis became on my scalp.
People do not even know that my hair is unwashed, it is when I tell them that it isn’t, when they start asking me a ton of questions about the training process.
What is the training process?
1. Start only washing your hair every other day, if you’re the type of person who washes it everyday.
2. If you wash your hair every other day, add an extra day in between there, so you go two days without washing it. Use dry shampoo on that second day, but only if it is needed.
3. And continue on from there, just keep adding days in there to stop washing it.
***I will say though, that I have very thick hair, so most people can’t go the whole week without washing it, the average person that does this can only go about 4 days.
I wash my hair a certain way.
1. I use TRESemmé Shampoo and Conditioner for colored hair.
2. I only use shampoo from my scalp to the part of my hair that reaches the top of my ear. – The shampoo that runs down when rinsing out the shampoo, from your roots to your ends will be washed just from that.
3. I only condition from my ear down. I do not put ANY conditioner on my roots. This is what causes them to become oily, faster. JUST. DON’T. DO. IT.
4. Condition your ends twice! This will help a lot! Especially people with dry hair, like me!
Remember, you do NOT need to be washing your hair everyday! Let me know how the training process goes for you!
|If you’re interested in learning more about TRESemme Products (they also make an amazing dry shampoo) you can here:
Also, this is another great Dry Shampoo that I love (you can buy the dry shampoo that is specifically for your hair color):
The Argon Oil that’s my favorite: