So I know a lot of people who follow me on Instagram have been wondering WHAT IS DANIE DOING IN NYC?! I am not in my usual home, Annapolis for the summer because I am interning and taking classes at Kent State’s NYC Studio. I am taking a Fashion in the Media class and a tour class, where we get to tour around various places in NYC including The Met and the FFANY show. I am interning at the fashion PR agency, Agentry!
Getting to know the city this week has been an event in itself. Being from right outside D.C., I am used to the city life, and I LOVE it, but being IN the city 24/7, it’s definitely an adjustment.
In addition to beginning my new classes and my new internship, week one has consisted of:
- Finding amazing food on every corner of the city
- Figuring out the Subway…the D.C. Metro is so much easier
- Making some awesome friends at my internship
- Attending a beautiful service at a new Synagogue
- Attending a free preview of Ferris Bueler’s Day Off with a friend I haven’t seen in over a year! (I also had never seen the movie…I know I’m awful!)
- Finding an adorable, on-the-road Flower truck called Uprooted (I posted an adorable picture on Twitter! @danieminor13)
- And the coolest… My Roomie and I stumbled upon the Tony Awards and watched all the celebrities go into the show!
I cannot wait to see what the rest of the summer holds for me! I will be posting weekly updates of my time, so check back on Sunday evenings for weekly recaps.