Yes, you read that correct It is National Thrift Store Day! To any of thrifting queens and kings out there, you understand my excitement. This day can beat any of the major holidays for me. I have never told anyone why I love thrifting so much so I am going to do my Top 5 Reasons Why I LOVE Thrifting and you can also check out my top favorite thrifting finds of the year below!
1) The amazing deals that you can get. As all of you know, I am a college student and as a college student, I do not have a lot of money to spend on clothes! There are great clothes that people just giveaway…hoping that you will buy them! Go when they have 50% off certain color tags, meaning that it will be 50% off of the already low prices!
2) The hunt is FUN. This is something that I have mastered. A lot of people do not like the “hunting” part of thirsting, which is why Goodwill’s across the nation have created Goodwill Boutiques, which are also near and dear to my heart! But… I love it when I am searching around the store and I can’t seem find anything worth buying that day and then all of the sudden that one piece of clothing just POPS out to you! It is seriously magical.
3) I know when I shop at a thrift store, that I am doing good for the community. An example is by shopping at Goodwill, you are helping them succeed at their mission, which is to provide work for people who may not be able to find it somewhere else!
4) You never know what you will find. There are so many odd pieces that you will find in a thrift/consignment store! There will be things in there that you did not even know existed but that is what makes it so fun! I think you can also learn a lot about history. Walking into an older thrift/consignment store and it is like walking into the past! Go in and see what you can find/learn.
5) Great for DIY. Whether you want to revamp your house or you’re moving into a new apartment, there are great deals you can find on furniture, kitchen supplies (plates and even kitchen tables/chairs!) and bedroom furniture. There is nothing a little TLC and some paint cannot fix! I always see great dining room furniture that just makes me so excited to have my first apartment!
Top Thrifting Finds:
I would love to hear everyones reasons why YOU love thrifting! Also, I never noticed I always pose the same way in all of my photos, haha!